Are you currently looking at products to re-do or fix your RV roof? There are tons of options on the market, which can make the process a bit overwhelming. One of the options is liquid roof coatings. In this story we’ll not only take a look at what they are, but also what the benefits are to using it. Through the information provided consumers will be able to draw their own conclusion and decide if it’s the right option for them.
What is Liquid Roof Coatings?
Liquid roof coatings is exactly how it sounds, it is a coating that is applied to your RV’s roof and it is. The sealant is a liquid that you paint on and allow to dry on the roof. It’s best for flat surfaces. There are all kinds of brands available in different price points, and typically this is something a DIY enthusiast can do on their own. You won’t even need many tools, a few key items is all.
A Great Option
So what makes liquid roof coatings a good option? Well there is a list of benefits, let’s take a look.
- It acts as a sealant. The name gives it away as this handy product will act as a sealant on your roof keeping water from leaking in, and ultimately damaging your RV.
- It is a cost-effective preventative measure. The sealant is very reasonably priced making for the kind of preventative measure that must makes good sense.
- It is able to protect your roof from the damage that is caused by UV rays, and the sun. Both of these environmental factors will start to breakdown, and discolor your roof over time if you don’t have a sealant on it. It makes a reflective solar barrier.
- It can help to keep the interior of your RV cool since it is coating. In fact, you can reduce the cost of cooling your RV by up to 40% in the hot summer sun. This will certainly add up over time.
- By applying the sealant you will actually increase the lifespan of your roof since it will now be protected from the sun and UV rays.
- It will provide protection from the roof breaking down on its own due to age. Once the roof starts to break down, this is when you risk getting leaks. The sealant is ideal for metal and flat roofs as mentioned above. If your RV roof has shingles, PVC sheet roofing, plywood, or rubber or polyurethane foam that is uncoated the sealant is not a good option.
- Preparing the roof for the sealant is an easy to do.
- There is no experience needed in order to do this project on your own.
A Project Worth Considering
With such an extensive list of benefits using a liquid roof coatings on your RV makes total sense. By putting in just a bit of work to seal it, you will be protecting your RV against all kinds of future damage and problems.